Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Much ado

Much to do and much ado this past week. Getting a phone call at 11:00 at night is never a good thing. Sitting in the ER and surgery waiting room isn't either. But things get better and Mother is doing very well recuperating. Thanks to Shirlee for her trips to Cedar Rapids and to Sherrie who is trying to remodel her kitchen, work and take care of Mother! I went to the house yesterday and cleaned out the fridge, paid a bill, turned down the thermostat and unplugged everything that didn't need to be plugged in.

Today is visitation for Lillian Brendes who at 100 fell and broke her leg and then had a massive stroke. One of mother's best friends, her funeral is tomorrow. I am having my cookbook meeting at the library this morning--the one I was going to host last Thursday. Choir practice is tonight also.

I guess from the looks of things, we won't be going to a wedding in DC. Vanessa has decided to call it off. It will be very hard to be a Marine's wife, I think and they have to do what is best for the both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment