Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Branson

We had a wonderful week at Branson, seeing so many different things. Four entirely different shows--the best to my mind was SIX. I even bought CD's which is something I never do. We also saw Noah, a great theater production and we got to sit in the Ark during the second part on the show; the Baldknobbers, which to my mind is a must see in Branson; and another show featuring a ventriloquist that used dogs as his "dummies". We visited Silver Dollar City on a very hot day, 112 some said. We went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for a day, shopping in all the neat shops and saw some very dry farm ground. We spent a lot of time in our house, sitting on the porch swing and reading, having the guys cook for us on the grill, and chilling out if that was possible in all the heat!

Yesterday, Jan, Karen, Ann and I went to Lisbon and Mt. Vernon. Lisbon has a very nice little museum that we enjoyed. Mt. Vernon has a lot of little shops and antique stores to visit. Jan took us for a little ride around town so we could see all the unique homes, both old and new. It was a time to catch up on each other's lives, Jan with her new grandbabies; Ann with her trip to the west coast, Karen with her son's new job and new granddaughter. Fun day.

As for here--my lawn needs mowing again, even if I did just mow Sunday and Monday. It was too long and now looks like we could bale. I think if I get it mowed again tomorrow it will help. Today I am off to the library to see what Vicki has for me to do.

Ben raced in Independence Monday night and took Grandpa along to the pits. Not a good night but finished the feature even if in last place. The motor wasn't running right and Grandpa found the problem this morning. Hopefully Friday night will be a good night of racing for him.

Enjoy the nice cool day!

No comments:

Post a Comment