Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cold----sore

Great, this morning I wake up with a cold sore on my upper lip where I usually get at least one a year. I hate the feeling of everyone looking right at my lip! Hope it goes away quickly. If anyone has a remedy, let me know!

The county came yesterday and took down all the trees along the road along our pasture to the west. I first noticed when I saw Bill dragging a big tree behind the tractor coming down the lane. I couldn't figure out where he got the tree from, it was a pine tree and we just don't have many trees. Finally, I saw the county truck and heard the chain saw. We have a BIG pile of trees now and it looks funny along the road. Where are the birds supposed to go now? Evidently the county wants to keep the road ditches clean and Bill offered to get rid of the trees for them.

I did a Laura yesterday, well just a tiny bit. I did clean out the storage room and now you can actually walk in there. I have a pile of stuff to be burnt and two big boxes of things to go to Goodwill. I gave Sue the old kitchen chair that mother left here those almost 50 years ago. It was a nice sturdy wooden chair and I hated to throw it away (maybe Sue will and I won't even know). I also still have the old baby basket we all used. Who wants it? It has been here forever and I really don't want to throw it away. If you want it, let me know.

We also took recycling down to transfer station south of Tipton yesterday; for us and Thelma. Thelma won't recycle her newspapers, instead lining the garage with them so some day Larry can burn them for her. She says she doesn't want the address label in the recycling! But we did take her cans and glass. In Cedar County the glass isn't recycled. I don't understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment