Monday, April 9, 2012

Turkey

Easter Sunday morning 6:30. I didn't go to Easter sunrise service, I sort of wanted to, but it meant an extra trip to town and getting up really early so--

At 6:30 I was getting ready to eat breakfast when I saw this BIG turkey on the lawn strutting himself--his tail fanned out, his waddle touching the ground, wings dragging on the ground as he strutted around. Beside him I saw 5 hens (Bill said there were 8 altogether, I only saw 6). They were right here on the lawn on the south and west side of the house. They are huge birds. The big tom proceded to walk around the house over to the garage on the east side and then back up to the south. We see turkeys a lot, but I have never seen the tail fanned out like yesterday.

And you all know how I like birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment