Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Long Election Day

I worked at the polls yesterday for the primary election. What a long day; we had to be there at 6 a.m. and I got home around 10:45 p.m. after taking all our machines back to Tipton. We were sort of busy, had 199 voters, the last one coming in 3 minutes before the polls closed. I am chairman of our group of 4 workers; my 3 co-workers are very good and it makes my job easy.

Cheryl & Jim leave today to go back to California. How lucky we were to have them at Grandma's house--even though I don't think they thought they would be doing what they did on their "vacation". Jim has learned how to drive to St. Luke's Hospital! At least we had a good Friday trip--it was fun and I love Iron and Lace. Sunday's family picnic was great; so many people I hadn't seen for a long time. Also got to see Greg, Chelsey & Charley and on Monday got to see Laura, Emily and Dallas. Thank you for coming; I'm sure Grandma really enjoyed seeing you all. Thanks to Shirlee and Dan for taking care of Grandma on Sunday and we hope you made a safe trip home from here.

I'm off to volunteer at the library this morning and then we will be taking the Hartley's to the airport this afternoon. Larry is here; they are loading a semi with beans from the bin. Hopefully the bean dust won't settle on the two loads of wash I have hanging on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment